This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Quinoa Bowls are hands down the easiest and most delicious lunch/dinner recipe that I am currently obsessed with. There is just something so amazing about Quinoa that I just can’t get enough of! Quinoa is a gluten free, protein packed, power food containing nine essential amino acids. It is also full of fiber, magnesium, potassium, calcium, B vitamins, phosphorus, antioxidants, and vitamin E.
You can literally make a Quinoa bowl out of the ingredients you currently have in your fridge, there really is no science to it. I love making a bunch of Quinoa on a Sunday night, and have it ready for use throughout the week. Wether it’s a cold bowl or a hot bowl, they always turn out different and delicious. If you’d like to prep some in advance, I suggest making 2 cups Quinoa in 4 cups water (this will be good for the entire week and will be enough for two), if you’d like a little less, make 1 cup Quinoa in 2 cups water. I like to season my Quinoa as well while it cooks, my go-to spices are a little pink himalayan salt and pepper, other spices vary depending on what kind of bowl I’m making so I’ll add other spices later.
Here is a recipe to my most recent hot bowl made with orange bell peppers, black beans and spinach!
- Avocado Oil
- 3/4 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and unsalted
- Handful of spinach
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Cumin
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg (for frying)
- Coconut oil
- Heat about a tbsp of avocado oil onto a heated cast iron skillet (or any pan).
- Add chopped orange bell pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Add black beans and mix together.
- Season bell peppers and beans with a little bit of salt, pepper, smoked paprika and ground cumin.
- Add cooked quinoa and spinach, mix together until spinach has cooked and wilted.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice (roughly about a tablespoon).
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside, covered.
- Separately, in a smaller cast iron or pan, fry egg in coconut oil.
- Scoop Quinoa mix into a bowl and top with fried egg.
- (Optional) Sprinkle a little extra salt, pepper and smoked paprika over entire bowl.