This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
I have never been much of a baker, always a cook, but my pregnancy has given me this sudden urge to bake! Blame it on the uncontrollable cravings I suppose, but I have been having so much fun experimenting with different recipes. Before, the one and only thing I’d bake were traditional (but oh my god so delicious) chocolate chip cookies. I can happily say that I have ventured out and have already made a chocolate cake with icing… and now, these glorious M U F F I N S!!
Baking can be such a challenge, because if you flop the recipe you will end up with something completely different (and probably not what you had in mind). With cooking, in my opinion, you have a little wiggle room for error. I can easily think of something I want to make, or look at a photo of an entree, and put it together without having to follow a recipe (for the most part). With baking, this isn’t the case! I have to actually follow instructions, and trust me, I have screwed up a lot in the past. A couple of weeks ago I became obsessed with the idea of making my very own home made muffins, so at Target the other day I purchased my very first muffin pan!
On Pinterest I found an amazing muffin recipe by Yammie’s Noshery that totally inspired me! I had pretty much all the ingredients it asked for, but I did end up having to altered the recipe just a little bit. You can check out the original recipe HERE.
- 2/3 Organic Cane Sugar (I used Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar from Trader Joes)
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup frozen antioxidant berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, pomegranate, cherries)
- (additional sugar to sprinkle on top of muffin batter before baking)
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees
- Combine sugar, egg, vanilla, almond milk, and coconut oil in a medium size bowl
- Add flour, baking powder and salt
- Mix all ingredients together
- Stir in plain greek yogurt
- Fold in the berry blend (do not over mix)
- Grease muffin tin with either cooking spray or butter
- Evenly distribute batter in muffin pan (I used a jumbo muffin pan which makes 6 big muffins)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- If you are using frozen berries, take them out ahead of time and place them in a strainer so they thaw out a bit.