This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Here’s an easy and quick Mushroom Gravy Recipe that goes with just about any dish! This was my very first time making gravy and I am absolutely obsessed. I was inspired by Giada de Laurentiis’ recipe from one the Giada at Home episodes. I slightly altered the recipe with ingredients that I already had at home. Lately I have been spending lots of time at home so I have had some time on my hands to find new kitchen inspirations.
- 2-3 cups of sliced mushrooms (including the stems)
- 1/2 large brown onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1.2 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a medium sized sauce pan pour the olive oil and let it heat just a little bit.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook down until onion is tender. About 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and rosemary and give it a stir, mixing all the ingredients together.
- Now, begin to whisk in the flour little by little to avoid clumping.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and then reduce the heat down to a simmer (uncovered) until it begins to thicken up. (about 10 minutes)
- Taste test to see whether or not you need more salt or pepper.