This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
As Monica Geller once said, “I’m gonna be the mom that makes the world’s best chocolate chip cookies!” — I have never been huge into baking. I don’t know why.. there is something about baking that I find so much more complicated than cooking. But I have always loved baking cookies!
I have made lots of different cookie recipes throughout the years, and just when I think I’ve got the perfect one, I find another! This past year I have been making cookies with one particular recipe, the Trader Joes recipe which is found on the back of their bag of chocolate chips. I seriously think I have found the perfect recipe, it’s amazing every time. I love adding an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract and a cup of old fashioned gluten-free oats. So next time you’re in the mood for cookies, give this recipe a try!!!
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup organic brown sugar, packed down
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, salt, oats) mix together with a whisk, breaking up brown sugar clumps.
- Add melted butter and mix (be sure butter is not hot).
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, and mix together.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Mix dough well (I like to use my hands)
- Roll into approx. 1.5″ balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Recipe should make two dozen cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Adapted from Trader Joes